What is it about our water?
Each Rocky Mountain hot spring has its own unique blend of minerals and temperatures. Glenwood Hot Springs is no different. Native Americans called it "Yampah," which means Big Medicine. There are 15 minerals found in the water of the World’s Largest Hot Springs Pool. Besides relieving aches and pains, soaking in hot highly concentrated mineral water has many other health and wellness benefits. Increasing your body temperature helps naturally eliminate toxins, increase circulation, and reduce blood pressure. Essential minerals have many health benefits and can be absorbed through your skin, giving your body a natural health boost.
MINERALS AND KNOWN HEALTH BENEFITS
- Calcium - Promotes healthy bone growth and overall health.
- Chloride - One of the most important electrolytes in the blood and helps maintain proper blood volume, blood pressure, and pH of the body’s fluid system.
- Sodium - An extremely important electrolyte in the blood and plays a pivotal role in enzyme operations, and nerve and muscle functions.
- Sulfate - Relieves pain, detoxifies on a cellular level and is essential for the production of collagen and maintaining healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Potassium - Reduces high blood pressure and cholesterol and is vital for heart and kidney health.
- Magnesium - Helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function and plays an important role in metabolism and protein synthesis, increasing energy levels.
- Manganese - Contributes to healthy bone growth and helps control the level of sugar in the body, which can decrease the chance of adult-onset diabetes.
- Iron - Boosts hemoglobin in the blood, which carries oxygen through your body, and increases resistance to stress and disease, as well as preventing fatigue.
- Zinc - Helps with proper functioning of the immune and digestive systems, and reduces the risk of age-related diseases.
- Boron - Strengthens bones and helps manage arthritis and osteoporosis. It is also known to increase concentration and brain activity.
- Lithium - Promotes normal brain health and increases serotonin synthesis, producing a calming and mood-stabilizing effect in most people.
- Phosphate - Critical for energy storage and metabolism, and assists in kidney, muscle, and nerve function.
- Silica - Can prevent the thinning of hair and plays a vital role in assisting calcium in bone growth.
- Fluoride - promotes hardness and stability of bones and teeth.
- Nitrogen - Needed to make proteins in your muscles, skin, hair, and nails.