Spa of the Rockies: Tips to Help Spa Newbies Relax
Potential first time spa goers, relax, Spa of the Rockies at Glenwood Hot Springs soothes away tension!
Always wanted to try the full treatment at a luxurious, award-winning spa but nervous that you don’t know what to do? Relax. The Spa of the Rockies at Glenwood Hot Springs offers these simple tips and has even created a spa package designed especially for you; the spa novice.
- Show up early. The last thing you want is to feel rushed. Arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes prior to your spa appointment, earlier if you want to soak in the therapeutic mineral hot springs beforehand.
- Nudity. Upon arrival, you’ll receive a plush bathrobe and slippers to wear. Therapists are trained in the art of “draping,” only the body part being treated is exposed. If you prefer to have a specific gender therapist, just say so when you book your appointment.
- Texting & Tweeting. Give mindfulness a chance. Turn off your cell phone and leave it in your locker for the duration of your appointment.
- Talking points. Other than communicating with your therapist about the specifics of your treatment, don’t feel pressure to talk. Therapists don’t expect you to be chatty; their primary goal is to help you relax.
- Tipping. It’s always a good idea to tip, especially if your services were great. Tipping 15 – 20 percent is the standard.
Almost 3.5 hours long, the First Time Spa-Goer package is designed to be a classic introductory experience, and one that keeps you coming back for more. It includes a Signature Mineral Bath, a Classic Swedish Massage, a Therapeutic Cleansing Facial and a pedicure. You will feel rested and renewed like never before!
If you are coming to the Spa on a visit, you can extend your spa experience by staying at the Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge where the beds are swathed in luxurious linens and spa products are stocked in the bathrooms. Every stay at the Lodge also includes unlimited admission to the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and a full, hot breakfast, as well as discounted admission to the Glenwood Hot Springs Athletic Club. Keeping it simple like this is the uitmate way to have a relaxing getaway.