Health Hints: The Benefits of Massage are Deeper Than You Think
A good massage should certainly be a relaxing and stress-reducing experience, and that alone is a great reason to schedule one. But did you know that in addition to simply feeling fantastic, massage is associated with many health benefits?
- Massage relieves pain by stimulating the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
- Massage improves the immune system by boosting the body’s natural killer cells which helps ward off illnesses.
- Massage improves circulation which can help reduce blood pressure.
- Massage aids in recovery after surgery by bringing blood, oxygen and nutrients to the affected area.
- Massage can help manage chronic pain associated with arthritis, fibromyalgia and migraines by increasing serotonin levels which reduce pain, lower anxiety and promote relaxation for a deep and restful sleep.