Weight Room Etiquette
Do your part to keep things safe, clean and friendly in the weight room.
- Wear proper gym attire. Shirts, shorts or sweats and shoes. Swimsuits, jeans and open-toed shoes are prohibited. This rule also includes the cardio equipment area.
- Use equipment properly. Read the diagrams, ask someone nearby for help or hire a personal trainer to guide you.
- Keep distractions to a minimum. Leave cell phones in your locker. Talking on your cell phone is prohibited and distracting in all the fitness areas. If you’re listening to music, keep it on a volume low enough so you can hear what's going on around you.
- Put weights back where you found them. For courtesy, return free weights to their proper racks and also don’t let hand weights drop carelessly to the floor.
- Towel off. Keep a towel handy and wipe down equipment, weights, benches, and yourself when you are done.
- Upright and locked position. For adjustable machinery that has parts that can stick out dangerously, be sure to return all levers to the upright position so they are out of the way to prevent injury.
- No power lifting. The second level weight room is not conducive to of the rigors of power lifting (ex: dead lifts). Additionally, the Grill is located directly below and the dropping of weights is disruptive to diners.
Have a great weight workout. We appreciate your cooperation.