July Health & Beauty Tips
With summer upon us, it’s inevitable that we’ll all be spending more time in the sun. With that in mind, we’ve put together our top 6 summer skin tips, and compiled our must-have summer product picks to help you achieve that sun kissed glow, while staying safe and protected. We’ll share 3 tips this month and another 3 next month.
- Exfoliate for clearer, smoother skin. Exfoliation removes dead, dulling skin debris to help improve the look and feel of skin. Don’t forget to follow your exfoliation with a hydrating body cream to seal in moisture, and always shield freshly exfoliated skin with an SPF.
- Great exfoliants available at the Spa of the Rockies include: Eminence Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant and the Coconut Sugar Scrub. A good choice for men is OM4 ENCORE Resurface. For hydration, we recommend the Eminence Coconut Firming Body Lotion followed by the Eminence Tropical Vanilla Day Cream (SPF 32).
- Keep skin hydrated. Once or twice per week apply an intensive hydration masque to boost your skin’s moisture levels. Serums are also a great fit, especially when layered underneath an effective moisturizer.
- One of the best Eminence masques for hydration is the Strawberry Rhubarb Masque. We also love the Stone Crop Hydrating Serum from Eminence.
- Drink, drink, drink H20. Higher temperatures and more time outdoors can lead to dehydration which can result in headaches, dizzy spells and parched skin. Stay hydrated and healthy by drinking plenty of water.
Look for three more summer skin care tips in next month’s newsletter. To book an appointment with a Spa of the Rockies esthetician, please call 970-947-3331 or visit www.spaoftherockies.com.