Guard on Duty: Be a Lap Lane Hero
With freshly minted New Year’s resolutions, many more people will be swimming laps at the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. Swimming is a great way to improve overall fitness. For the best experience, keep these tips in mind when using the pool’s lap lanes:
- Lap lanes go in order from slowest to fastest. The fastest lanes are closest to the deep end. Choose the lane most suited to your ability.
- If a swimmer is faster than you, be courteous and either change to a slower lane or allow the swimmer to pass you once you reach the wall.
- Side by side swimming is not permitted.
- Always swim in a counter-clockwise direction; arrows on the bottom of the pool indicate the correct direction.
- Don’t swim under the lap lane ropes, guests should walk around the lap lanes when going to and from the deep end.
- Racing or leaning on the lap lane ropes is not permitted.