Five Kid-Friendly Things to do Out of the Water at Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
Spending all day at the world-famous Glenwood Hot Springs Pool is a kids’ dream come true, but sometimes they need a break from the water and sun. Try these five Glenwood Springs fun, dry land ideas on your next visit.
1. Get a temporary tattoo. Get inked with temporary tattoos that are waterproof and last up to five days! Choose from a selection of nearly 300 temporary designs including zodiac, Chinese and Celtic symbols, animals and transportation. The tattoo tent is next to the slide hut at the deep end.
2. Play mini-golf. Located outside the pool area near the base of the waterslides, the course is refreshingly shady. Play 18 holes that meander over bridges, streams and waterfalls. Shoot a hole-in-one on the last hole and you could win a free game.
3. Cool off with cold treats. On a typical summer day the Grill serves 1,000 ice cream cones! Chocolate, vanilla, and a twist of the two are always popular, but for some zing add a flavorburst to that plain vanilla. Flavorbursts are drizzled onto vanilla ice cream or shaved ice. Kid favorites include blue raspberry and root beer, for something more daring try cheesecake, green apple or banana.
4. Shop for souvenirs. Who doesn’t want to bring home a memento from their family vacation? Set a budget and let the kids choose a trinket, t-shirt or ball cap from the Sport Shop.
5. Become part of history. Snap a fun photo of the kids peering out of the holes in a photo cutout depicting three Victorian guests wearing vintage swimwear. You’ll find the photo cutout near the diving boards.
After a little break and another coat of sunscreen, the kids will be ready to dive back into the pool.