Top 10 Items to Bring to the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool
Here’s a list of what to bring for a day spent swimming, soaking, splashing and sunning at the world famous Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, and a short list of what to leave at home.
What to bring:
- Sunscreen and sun protection. Colorado boasts over 300 days of sunshine per year! Come to the pool prepared with plenty of sun protection. This includes sunscreen, sun glasses, hats or visors, protective clothing like rash guards or bathing suit cover ups.
- Big towels. Claim a spot on the deck, terrace or grass by spreading out an oversized towel.
- Water. It’s easy to forget to drink water throughout the day, especially when visiting a swimming pool, but staying hydrated is the key to a fun and healthy day at the pool.
- Quarters. Leave high value items in a locked locker, but bring some money out to the pool area. The bubble chairs in the Therapy Pool are coin operated. Kids will no doubt want to splurge on temporary tattoos, flavored ice or an ice cream cone.
- Flip Flops. Foot protection is essential; wear flip flops or sandals to protect sensitive tootsies from sun-heated decking and other surfaces.
- Goggles. See underwater and protect eyes at the same time!
- Pool toys. Soft toys, floats and noodles are welcome in the big pool.
- Deckside entertainment. Guests rarely spend every minute in the pool. Come prepared for some deckside downtime with a few diversions like a book, Sudoku, card games or a pile of People magazines.
- Camera. Capture the day’s fun for posterity.
- Change of clothes. Don’t forget a change of dry clothes for the end of the day. Sometimes guests arrive in their swimsuits, doomed to a soggy car ride to their hotel.
What to leave at home:
- Umbrellas and tents. Glenwood Hot Springs has plenty of shade throughout the property and on windy days umbrellas and tents can become hazards.
- Glass or breakable items. Broken glass on the pool deck or in the pool could ruin the day for many guests, so please bring drinks in unbreakable containers only.
- Alcohol, cigarettes and drugs. Glenwood Hot Springs is a family destination and prohibits these substances on the pool premises.
Find out more about Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and plan your vacation today by visiting www.hotspringspool.com.